GOGO Events recognise the role we play in contributing to a sustainable future. We have embedded sustainability principles and practices into our business through our Business and Events Sustainability Policy and this policy forms the basis of our contract with our clients.
OUR VALUES AND GUIDING PRINCIPLES
Our commitment includes an overarching understanding of sustainability:
- Living within the limits of what the environment can provide.
- Understanding the interconnections between economy, society and the environment.
- The equal distribution of resources and opportunities to all members of society.
Through the implementation of this policy, we intend to maximise the positive environmental, social and economic legacies of our activities and to minimise any negative impacts. To achieve this, sustainability considerations will be given equal importance to logistical, creative and financial aspects of our event planning and business practices.
- We conduct our event operations with integrity and with regard for the law.
- We support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights and ensure we are not complicit in human rights abuses, including forced, compulsory or child labour. This is enacted through choices made in our product, materials and supplies procurement.
- We ensure responsible use of natural resources and management of waste created.
- We include consideration for local ecological protection and localised community and environmental impacts. This can include sound and lighting, traffic congestion, or other human and event activities.
- We ensure respect for, and acknowledge the traditional landowners.
- We ensure issues of heritage and archaeological sensitivity are addressed.
- We aim to leave a lasting impression within the host community, throughout the supply chain and with event attendees through our commitment to sustainability.
- We produce our events with the highest regard for safety.
- We ensure timely management reviews of all event sustainability activities, performance measurement and reporting, and plan for continual improvement.
SUSTAINABILITY IN ACTION AT OUR EVENTS
The following summarises how environmental and social sustainability is included in the operations of our event production.
- The event aims to reduce total energy used, maximise the use of renewable energy and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- The event aims to reduce total waste produced, maximise recovery of waste resources and diversion to landfill.
- The event aims to reduce water used and waste water produced.
- The event does not use or produce toxic substances residue.
- The event aims to reduce greenhouse gas emissions resulting from event related travel and transport.
- The event ensures all products and materials procured are the most sustainable options available.
- We engage local producers and services.
- We work to reduce food kilometres.
- We discourage the use of bottled water.
- We require best practice methodology from our suppliers in engaging the most energy efficient infrastructure and materials for our event.
- We engage food rescue providers at each event.
- The event seeks to train and employ as many underprivileged, marginalised, and homeless people as possible
- The event aims to provide a positive, stress-free, fulfilling and meaningful experience for the workers.
- Wherever possible, repeat work experience will be provided to trainees in consecutive events.
- Our long-term goal is to establish a core group of employees that are skilled and responsible, and can be relied upon to work independently within a supported environment. We want this experience to enrich our employee’s lives through meaningful employment.
- Wherever possible we channel production and sourcing through not-for-profit, community or remedial organisations.
- We have a zero alcohol and drug policy for all employees and we discourage smoking.
All clients, product and service suppliers are made aware of our Business and Event Sustainability Policy at the time of engagement. Compliance with the policy is a contractual obligation on their behalf. Where relevant, suppliers may be required to complete performance measurement reviews and data to assist in determining an events footprint.
MONITORING AND REVIEW
GOGO events will carry out a quantitative and qualitative assessment of the environmental and social sustainability performance of each event and this review is included in the event debrief with our clients. These reviews are considered in the annual appraisal and reassessment of GOGO Events Business and Events Sustainability Policy.
Continual improvement is built into performance review and future targets.